Due to COVID, we have seen how out-of-date telehealth regulations had been. It is essential the legislative changes be made to expand Telehealth statutes for Rural Health Clinics and FQHCs. As soon as the Public Health Emergency ends, Telehealth services and reimbursement will go back to the “old normal”. We will no longer be able to provide services as the distant site.
Please contact your US Senators and US Representatives. Advocate for change!
H.R. 6792/S. 3998 – Improving Telehealth for Underserved Communities Act of 2020
- allows RHCs/FQHCs to bill for telehealth through their normal reimbursement mechanisms for the duration of the Public Health Emergency.
- raises the RHC cap to $92.03
Link To Senate Bill 3998
Link to HR 6792
- Permanently establishes RHCs/FQHCs as distant site providers paid through normal mechanisms (telehealth services would also count as visits)
- Makes the payment methodology explicit.
- Eliminates originating site requirements for telehealth services furnished by RHCs/FQHCS