RHC and FQHC Telehealth Legislative Update:
Contact US Congresspeople and Senators to support “The Health Act”!
On Thursday, June 18th, the Improving Telehealth for Underserved Communities Act was introduced in the Senate by Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith (R-MS) and Sen. Angus King (I-ME).
“Thanks to the leadership of Sen. Hyde-Smith and Sen. King, the RHC community is one step closer to fixing our telehealth reimbursement issues” said Bill Finerfrock, Executive Director of the National Association of Rural Health Clinics.
Please support the Health Act.
- RHCs and FQHCs bill telehealth visits through their normal reimbursement mechanisms throughout the COVID-19 public health emergency.
- Costs associated with telehealth are incorporated into annual cost reporting.
- Telehealth visits count toward RHC productivity standards.
- Claims data is accurate because accurate coding would be used, rather than the single G2025 code.
- No recoupment period in July.
- See One Page summary here: Health Act One Page Summary.